Monday, January 4, 2010

Time and Charm !!

It's a known fact that all batchmates after passing out of college do form a forum to keep themselves in touch with rest. Same thing happened with our batch as well. Infact we kept in touch even at corporate life. Everyone used to forward/mail their experiences,anecdotes etc in initial days. Gradually the mails count started dipping. Thats when my friend Kiran mailed everyone asking what is going wrong as she could see no mails circulating in forum.

I spent sometime putting myself into everyones shoes and sent following compose as a reply to her mail. I strongly believe this is general pattern that can be observed in every batch that comes out of college with lots of charm that only fades away with time. So just thoght of sharing with you all.

Her mail is in the end.

From: Veeranagowdra, Shreekanth (Shreekanth)** CTR ** [mailto:veeranagowdra@alcatel-lucent.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 2:47 PM
To: Kiran, Mayi; Begum, Razia; Lakshmi_Desai@infosys.com; Vikram S; rbbanda@fcg.com; Raghuram; prabhakar-Tiger; anupamtereliye@gmail.com; appuisappu@gmail.com; ngovardhan@gmail.com; yukthareddy@gmail.com; raghu_padarthi@in.ibm.com; Phani_konduru@sify.com; mallikarjun.b@skelta.com; raghavendra.belli@vitalspring.com; kiransai_g@yahoo.co.in; deepakasawa2005@yahoo.com; kiran.dkumar@tcs.com; Jabedkar, Prabhakar (Prabhakar)** CTR **; Basavaraj_Meti@dell.com; ravi.muslae@gmail.com; 'prakash.koppal@capgemini.com'
Subject: RE: Hai all

Hi Kiran,

Regret delay. Yea I agree with you. I remember people of Bellary saying only 2 seasons happen there round the year 1. Summer and 2. Super summer. Same way our forum has got only two states 1. Hibernate 2. Super hibernate. Just tried thinking what could be the reason and came out with the possible reasons below. Read on.


Summer heat is on and we feel it everyday from the time we step out of home till we reach office where many Air conditioners run breathless to cool us down. During our travel back home we wish our office bus would have been set up with AC and never delay pushing the fan button down as soon as we reach home.

Air is everywhere but we still need a fan to feel it. Doesn’t it sound strange? If yes I have another similar fact to share. With the lifestyle that we are living with, today becoming yesterday is just a blink away, which in turn will become day before yesterday and month will be last month. With all these months piling up, a year will rename itself as last year and we murmur our selves “Oh my God I can’t believe it’s been a year now” when crackers lightens up the sky on Decemeber 31st midnight.

If memories of those yesterdays become pages, memories of months will form a chapter and finally many chapters together will title a book called Life.

For sure every one of us has the memories of those college days and friends but need a driving force that can remind us of those moments and friends. The minute a new mail drops in from any of our group, we take moment out of our tight schedule and try going back to those days but the work pressure and other life tensions overshadows it all and drive us back into work.

All the more it is such a phase of life where everyone thinks of settling down in life which in turn steals away those happy moments and creates a cloudy atmosphere in day today’s life. So no wonder if these additional responsibilities layer masks us from mailing/meeting each other.

After looking at Kiran’s mail I gave it a try to find the answer to the question “why we are loosing charm of those days?” Though could not find the right answer, felt like sharing my thoughts. Being one among you I hope my thoughts will match yours. If not please don’t take anything personal. Just read, have fun and forget it.

During the initial days at work "Aale aale" frm Boys and "Feel my love" from Arya used to make us happy and used to reminds us those college days but now "Haule Haule hojayega pyar sajana" from Rab Ne Banadi Jodi makes us think about what sort of partner are we going to get?

Gone are those days when we used to enjoy each and every moment of movie putting ourselves into Hero/Heroines shoes, now the time has changed and we try learning something out of every movie we watch and forget to savor it in the hurry of making judgment.

What makes us think that we are too busy in life? If not all, many of us are thinking how adverse this recession can impact us. A few of us are pushing ourselves hard at work to remain in safe zone and a few others are bothered about personal/housing loan. Many in love are worried to approach their parents and those who got a go ahead from their parents are busy in searching the right date to tie the knot. Those who married are busy in unfolding their family. A few are confused whether to choose love marriage or arranged marriage. A few more are waiting for their brothers/sisters to get marry. A few are worried about the kind of alliances they are getting for their marriages. Someone is too much involved in thinking whether to settle in India or to go abroad. A part of group thinks now everything is over as they have crossed quarter of their life. These could be a few reasons why many of us think we want to stay in touch but can’t.

Other day I and one of my friends were walking down the street and we saw a banner “Vrishabh weds Vaishali” posted outside the marriage hall. Initially my friend had a smile on his face but it dint take much time to disappear. Out of curious I asked him “What made you smile and what stole that smile later?”. My friend replied promptly “The idea that used to strike me during college days when I used see this kind of banner was to have a free lunch buffet at hall saying either I am from girl side or from boy side though I never did it. But now that I am grown up and ready to mingle, this banner scared me when I imagined myself standing on the dais sharing an artificial smile with someone whom my parents liked. Also the thought that I might need to change the way I live for some one who will make a late entry in my life stole my smile away”. His response thrilled me as I could make out that the ways we think about a particular stuff vary according to age though I was not worried about the after affects of marriage. So no surprise if people who once thought they can’t imagine their life without friends subside sharing their thoughts and happy moments with the same friends in later part of their life. I guess no body can be held responsible for this as it is part and parcel of life.


Are we so lost that we can’t make a come back? I am not sure about you guys but for sure I am lost. Kiran thanks for the mail. It helped me to think something out of box and instigated to think that I have enough time to get lost.

Thanks,
Shreekanth




From: Kiran, Mayi [mailto:Kiran.Mayi@KEANE.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 4:53 PM
To: Veeranagowdra, Shreekanth (Shreekanth)** CTR **; Koppal, Prakash (Services); Begum, Razia; Lakshmi_Desai@infosys.com; Vikram S; rbbanda@fcg.com; Kiran, Mayi; Raghuram; prabhakar-Tiger; anupamtereliye@gmail.com; appuisappu@gmail.com; ngovardhan@gmail.com; yukthareddy@gmail.com; raghu_padarthi@in.ibm.com; Phani_konduru@sify.com; mallikarjun.b@skelta.com; raghavendra.belli@vitalspring.com; kiransai_g@yahoo.co.in; deepakasawa2005@yahoo.com; kiran.dkumar@tcs.com; Jabedkar, Prabhakar (Prabhakar)** CTR **; Veeranagowdra, Shreekanth (Shreekanth)** CTR **; Basavaraj_Meti@dell.com; ravi.muslae@gmail.com
Subject: FW: Hai all

I was cleaning up mailbox and found a beautiful mail.
Many days have passed listening to these jokes and updates, no mails from anyone.
where are your mails yar, ur good thoughts, jokes, forwards.
Just have a look at the dates, its more than a year now….


Just thought of refreshing our minds with the sweet memories……


Regards,
_____________________________________________
G.Kiran Mayi

No comments: